Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] RichardRosema@googlemail.com is offline

Default Automatically update SheetName in workbook sub if SheetName changes

Hi
I'm using a fairly basic code to get a sheet name to equal a cell in a
worksheet.

Private Sub unpro()
Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Unprotect "provision"
ActiveSheet.Name = Range("g3").Value
Protect Password:="provision"
End Sub

However when range G3 changes, the following code (in ThisWorkbook)
fails - particularly at:
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Area").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden

ThisWorkbook code is:

HideSheets
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
UnhideSheets
End Sub

Private Sub HideSheets()
Dim sht As Object
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Warning").Visible = xlSheetVisible
'This sheet contains a message to the user.
For Each sht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
If sht.Name < "Warning" Then sht.Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Next sht
ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

Private Sub UnhideSheets()
Dim sht As Object
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each sht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
sht.Visible = xlSheetVisible
Next sht
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Area").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

So of course, what I'd ideally need is for the workbook code to
recognise when the worksheet private sub changes the name of the tab.
E.g. SheetName "Area" might change to SheetName "Zone".

Any help would be appreciated. Please note I'm a VB novice and
knowledge is less than rudimentary.

Thanks