Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian[_4_] Ian[_4_] is offline

Default Tabs

Hi Johnnie

Your latest missive refers to locking workSHEETs, my instructions refer to
locking the workBOOK.

If what you're asking is to be able to have the tab visible, but to either
do nothing or prompt for a password when it is selected, then I'm not sure
if it is possible. There may be a way in code to unhide the tab if the
workbook is unprotected and keep it hidden if it is protected, but I don't
know of a way.

Ian

"Johnnie" wrote in message
Ian,
Thanks for the info. However, although I can protect the worksheet so no
modifications can be made, I would like to lock it so it can not be viewed
at
all without a password. Example: I have ten worksheets in a workbook
(1-10). Can I lock worksheet #2 so that only I or someone with the
password
can view it. I failed to let you know I have Office 2003. Thanks.
Johnnie

"Ian" wrote:

I assume you mean you want to hide a worksheet within a workbook.
Hide the sheet, then protect the workbook with a password.
ToolsProtectionProtect Workbook

Ian

"Johnnie" wrote in message
Is is possible to hide/lock a tab in a spreadsheet so it can not be
opened/viewed without a password?
Thanks for your help.
Johnnie