Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default data enters date in next cell for several columns

Otto's code is fine.

No need to change.......just a different way of doing the same thing.

I find my method saves the IF/OR statements and I'm lazy<g

Gord

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:13:01 -0800, HELP ME PLEASE
wrote:

thanks Gord, I plugged in Ottos script and it worked i will make your
upgrades and let u know how it works

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

That code will not work in any worksheet or column using the event

Worksheet_General

Private Sub Worksheet_General(ByVal Target As Range) needs to be

To work on more columns change the If Not Intersect line to

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("U:U,Y:Y, AA:AA")) Is Nothing Then

Static means "not changing" among other definitions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:04:03 -0800, HELP ME PLEASE
wrote:

enter 1 in a cell and it enters static date in next...Have this working in
one column with the following but need to have it work in columns Y:Y and
AA:AA also any one know how?

Private Sub Worksheet_General(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("U:U")) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Value = 1 Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Date
End If