Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default counting every other cell containing text

I have a long spreadsheet and I have several columns that have text. These
cells are not consecutive but is like every fourth cell and I have to count
them to perform operations like calculating percentages. If i pick a range
of cells (i.e. c6:cu6) the results are going to be wrong because along the
range are other cells that may have the same content.
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o
0 5 N N Y 7 3 Y N N 6 7 Y N Y
now I want to count c, h, m and do some sort of computation such as
=countif(c,h,m,"Y")
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.