Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Locking Cells

Hi,

Selct all of your cells by clicking the box abive row 1 then
format|cells|Protection and remove the locked checkmark
select your date cell and repeat the above but this time put the checkmark
back in the locked box for that cell
Protect the sheet and your done

Mike

"SIRSTEVE" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I created and everything is just the way I want it,
but I want to be able to lock the date field so that it can not be change by
other people.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this? I tried the locking cell
feature in format/cell/protection. And that works fine. But when I go to
tools/protection/protect sheet, it locks the entire spreadsheet. I just want
to lock the date cell only, and everything else can be live.