Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
tawny tawny is offline

Default replace data w/ new data

I have a text file that I opened in excel and need to replace some of the
data with new data. I cannot use the find/replace all function because the
old data is not in a consistent list form. The data I need to replace is in
column F. But there is also other info in the same column that I don't want
to lose.

Old Data:
MAN GM 1.07305E+17 CP 1Z7812X90312160167~

New Data:
1Z67X81F0345554229~

It's very hard for me to explain...but I have hundreds of these that I need
to replace the invalid tracking numbers with the valid ones.

Thanks,
--
Tawny Galvin
VAS Entertainment