Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Address Recognition and Separation

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:30:01 -0800, THE ANALYST <THE
wrote:

Hello,
I have a large ammout of data that I'm attempting to sort by location
however the source that I receive my data from sends it to me with the names
and addresses all in one colum. I have been able to seperate, not effectivly,
the names from the addresses using text to column but I need to be able to
pull the city, state and zip into other columns without having to manually
edit each of my 6,000 per month entries.

Is there any thing I can use that will recognise the address and seperate it out
... even if it is outside of Excel?

Yes, there is.

But how to do that depends on the format of your data. So you will have to let
us know that.
--ron