Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ejscrib ejscrib is offline

Default Extend series using ref cell formula transposed

I am trying to fill rows down based on data in a worksheet that is across
like in this example. I understand how to use the offset function, but I need
to add this function to a logical if/then function. My if/then function
references a certain cell in worksheet 1 and if the argument is true it
returns a certain value in a cell in worksheet 2. Worksheet two has data in 5
columns across and several rows down. I need to be able to drag the if/then
formula down in worksheet 1 and have it reference across (column a, b, c, d,
e) from worksheet 2.

Here is my if then function:

=IF(($A$6="BVCOR"),'[2007 PAYMENTS.XLS]bvcor'!$K8,IF((A6="bvci"),'[2007
PAYMENTS.XLS]BVCI'!$K$8,0))

Can you show me how to add the offset function to this so it will reference
cells in a row down?

Thanks

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Put this in the cell of your master sheet where you want the references to
start and copy it down

=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,0,ROW(A1)-1)

"Gnomie" wrote:

I need to extend a fill series using ref's from sheet 2.

Sheet 1 info needs to fill "down" the rows.. and the info it's referencing
is "across the columns"

How do I extend the fill series to run : A1
B1
C1 etc.. ??
Losing all my hair over this and wha'ts left of it is going Grey!!..

If it was only 1 worksheet I wouldn't bother to fill.. yet sheet 1 will be a
master of info for 120 indiviual sheets...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks