Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default Need Help with Sumif function

THANKS! You guys rock! That seems to be working for me!

"Max" wrote:

direct Excel to have the column reference in my formula
float with the column heading "Total Amount"?

OFFSET is one way to get it done

Assuming the pivot headers are in row 9
this expression should grab it for you:
=SUMIF(Hours!A10:A75,"12/31/07",OFFSET(Hours!A10:A75,,MATCH("Total
Amount",Hours!$9:$9,0)-1))

Adapt to suit
--
Max
Singapore
"Dawn" wrote:
I am using the sumif function to summarize data from one worksheet on another
worksheet in the same workbook. The worksheet I am referencing contains a
pivot table which automatically refreshes each time I open the workbook. My
formula looks like this SUMIF(Hours!A10:A75,"12/31/07",Hours!U10:U75). It
works fine and returns the right number. My problem is that because the
Hours worksheet contains pivot table data, when it is refreshed the column I
need to have summed might be "AA" instead of "U". Is there anyway to direct
Excel to have the column reference in my formula float with the column
heading "Total Amount"? Or is there some other formula I should be using?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Dawn