Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Converting Number to Month in Text Problem

I'm surprised that you say that formula 1 returns "Jan" as in my case it
points out that there is an error in the formula. [You may wish to look at
Excel Help to remind yourself of the syntax of the TODAY() function.]

As for formulae 2 and 3, you'll again need to remind yourself (with Help) of
the syntax and operation of the functions you are using.
[As a hint, put the formula =MONTH(TODAY())+1 in a cell, and format the cell
firstly as General, then as Date, and then think what answer you would
expect if you put that date into the TEXT() function.]
--
David Biddulph

"RyanH" wrote in message
I am having an issue with converting the month number to the month
abbreviation.

Below Should Return "Feb", but it is returning "Jan"
1.) ="Jobs Due In or Before "& TEXT(TODAY(NOW()),"mmm")

Below Should Return "Mar", but it is returning "Jan"
2.)="Jobs Due In "& TEXT(MONTH(TODAY())+1,"mmm")

3.)="Jobs Due After " & TEXT(MONTH(TODAY())+1,"mmm")

My computer time is set to Thursday, Feb. 27, 2008. Anybody have any
ideas?

Thanks
Ryan