Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jrufin Jrufin is offline

Default Excel summary table creation

Hi Herbert,
I became ecstatic/excite when I saw your file. But when I actually tried
doing it I have some problems/inquiry:

1. How to do the "Grouping" as shown in your worksheets PT2 and PT3 ?

2. If I want to group in a customized manner say, I want to group it with
Variable "Number of Days" can it be done? Because our company fiscal calendar
is structured in a strange way for example: January will have a date range
from "Jan 7 to Jan 27", February will have a date range from "Jan 28 to Feb
17", it short the number of weeks per month is varying sometimes it is 3wks
per month, 4 wks per month or even 5wks per month! So I need to have a
freedom to group it as per the date range I specify.

3. Do I really need to select "Multiple consolidation ranges" as shown in
worksheet PT1? What if I select "Microsoft Office Excel list or database" ?

Please help! Thanks!

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

No rearrangement, no formulas
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3cjd8