Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Conan Kelly Conan Kelly is offline

Default Hit Enter - cursor to beginning of next row?

Baldrick,

Make sure to follow Bob I's advice, but also, this behavior only works when
you move from cell to cell in the same row with the [Tab] key.

If you enter data in a cell, move to the next cell with the right arrow key,
then enter data, when you hit the enter key, the cell directly below the
current cell will become active.

This can also cause problems when you make a mistake and need to back up a
cell or 2 to make corrections. If you back up using the left arrow key, the
left-most column you backed up to will become the "home" column. When you
hit the enter key at the end of this row, the cell in the next row down in
that "home" column you backed up to will become active.

If I remember correctly, you can use [Shift] + [Tab] to back up and make
corrections to keep the desired behavior in tact.

HTH,

Conan

"Baldrick" wrote in message
I am entering row after row of data. When I hit the Enter key, how do I
get
the cursor to return to the beginning of the next row?