Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MichelleJ MichelleJ is offline

Default When I open a saved worksheet, it opens with a gray background

Office 2003: I have a user with a saved worksheet that is used on a
bi-monthly basis. When she tried to open it on her computer it opened in a
blank gray status with no worksheets showing. I tried to open the document
on another machine while that document was open on her's and I got the
message that it was open and locked for editing. The size of the .xls shows
that it is not a blank document, but you cannot see the spreadsheet or any
others (no tabs at the bottom). Oddly enough, when I tried to access this
..xls from a Office 2007 computer, the spreadsheet opened with no problems.
This .xls had never been opened with Office 2007 before as it is only
installed on 2 test computers in my office. Also, this problem is not
consistent with all of her .xls files. Only the one. Is this a corrupt
document that needs to be restored from backup? Or is it something else?