Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default vlookup 1st column time 2nd column text

So you are not getting an exact match. Try changing your formula to:

=VLOOKUP(D1, $A$1:$B$11, 2)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 27, 2:44*pm, Kathl wrote:
The formatting was the same and I also tried to set all formatting to
general, but the cell including the formula still displayed #N/A.

"MartinW" wrote:
Hi Kath,

Are you sure that the time values have been entered the same.
Try formatting all of your time cells to general so that you
can see their underlying values.

If that doesn't help post more detail about what "doesn't work" means.

HTH
Martin

"Kathl" wrote in message
hi,

my problem is that the vlookup function doesn't work using the following
tables-

lookup_value is a time format, like 16:25 (assuming here to be in D1)
table_array looks like this
*A * * * * * * * * * *B
16:25 CN-CCTV-TV
16:40 DK-TV2-TV
16:40 NO-TV2-TV
17:00 HK-PCCW-TV
17:05 AU-SBS-TV
17:05 RU-NTV+-TV
17:20 JP-WOW-TV
17:25 SE-TV4-TV
17:40 CZ-PRMA-TV
17:40 IE-RTE-TV
22:30 CZ-PRMA-TV

In comparing the times I want to get the information in column B.
I implemented VLOOKUP(D1, $A$1:$B$11, 2, FALSE).

Isn't it possible to compare times? How could I solve it?- Hide quoted text -