Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JoAnn JoAnn is offline

Default Set certain things when opening the Workbook

This works great but we have since added a new 1st column for an
automatically assigned number.

How do I change the formula you provided to now go to the first row with a
blank 2nd cell?
--
JoAnn

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

JoAnn,

Paste this into the codemodule of the ThisWorkbook object: change the "Sheet1" to the name of the
sheet that you want selected.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Not AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed Then
AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = True
End If
Worksheets("Sheet1").Select
Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2).Select
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"JoAnn" wrote in message
How can I automatically have the following things happen when the user opens
a workbook:

1) Check the Add-in "AnalysisTool Pak" box so it is accessible to the user
(accessed manually via Tools Addins).

2) Put the cursor in the 1st cell of the 1st blank row (for data entry).

--
Thanks, JoAnn