Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Garver Garver is offline

Default Conditional Sum - dragging

This is the formula that by using the conditional formula comes up with:

=SUM(IF('January Data'!$A$3:$A$294=7071,'January Data'!$C$3:$C$294,0))

I am looking to be able to change the 7071 to a cell value and then
vertically drag/copy this cell's value to a set of cells.

I believe the issue is that the actual formula is

{=SUM(IF('January Data'!$A$3:$A$294=7071,'January Data'!$C$3:$C$294,0))}

But as soon as you click on the cell to edit the { } go away and then it
returns a value of 0.00.

Any suggestions?

"Kevin B" wrote:

You can use something along the lines of the following:

=SUMIF(A1:A16,$D$1&"=10")
where D1 is absolutely refernced or
=SUMIF(A1:A16,D1&"=10")
if relative

--
Kevin Backmann

"Garver" wrote:

I am looking to use the conditional sum feature for summing a range of data
based on a criteria of course, but I am looking to be able to set the
criteria to a cell value so that I can drag the conditional sum to other
cells and have it calcuate accordingly. Any ideas?