Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Conditional Sum - dragging

Suppose you have names in column A and amounts in column B, and you
want to add up the amounts for each name. Put your names (John, Fred,
Dave etc) in column D, say, and this formula in E1:

=SUMIF(A:A,D1,B:B)

You can then copy this formula down column E, and the D1 reference
will change to D2, D3 etc, thus picking up each name in turn.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 27, 3:36*pm, Garver wrote:
I am looking to use the conditional sum feature for summing a range of data
based on a criteria of course, but I am looking to be able to set the
criteria to a cell value so that I can drag the conditional sum to other
cells and have it calcuate accordingly. *Any ideas? *