Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Date Formula

Your formula is including Sat, and Sun. OP doesn't want to include Sat, and
Sun based on his/her formula

"T. Valko" wrote:

Not sure what you're wanting but...

A1 = 5/5/2008 (m/d/y)

Enter this formula in A2:

=DATE(YEAR(A$1),MONTH(A$1),DAY(A$1-1)+CEILING(ROWS(A$1:A2)/5,1))

When copied down, the formula will repeat each date 5 times then increment
by 1 day:

A1 = 5/5/2008
A2 = 5/5/2008
A3 = 5/5/2008
A4 = 5/5/2008
A5 = 5/5/2008
A6 = 5/6/2008
A7 = 5/6/2008
A8 = 5/6/2008
A9 = 5/6/2008
A10 = 5/6/2008
A11 = 5/7/2008
etc

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Brooke" wrote in message
I have the following formula I created and was wondering instead of it
completing each consecutive weekday is there a way to have it take a date
5-5-08 and use that same day every 5 lines then create the next weekday
add
that to 5 lines and continue down 1700 records???

=IF(WEEKDAY(K2)=7,K2+2,IF(WEEKDAY(K2)=6,K2+3,K2+1) ) - Where cell K2 is
the
start date.

I have a 1700 record spreadsheet that instead of keying a date myself
every
5 records having a formula do it for me.

Please Help.