Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ed Cones Ed Cones is offline

Default Moving data in Excel 2003

Is Row 1 empty, or does it have something in A1?

Assuming A1 is empty, I, being the lazy sort, would make G2 through K2 be
equal to A2 through E2. Then I'd make L2 be equal to A3. Then I'd copy
G2:L3 down. That'd leave you with the data set up the way you want, only
double spaced. I'd copy the values, using Paste Special to a new sheet and
sort it leaving the empty rows at the bottom.

Or better, would the folks on the AS400 side tweak their query for you?
Maybe they could just increase the line length and solve your problem.

"PA" wrote:

I have a data file imported from a AS400 down load and it is not coming in
neatly.
All the even rows, starting at row 2, use columns A.B,C,D,and E.
Odd rows use column A
We are using several hundred rows.
How can I move the data from each odd row to Column F in the row immediately
above.
THis is an on going event and the number of rows may vary from one week to
another.

Thank you