Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Helbron Bill Helbron is offline

Default IF Statement

Could you please help me with a slightly different version of this issue? I have
a dollar value in cell J133. I also have dollar values in cells J131 and J134.
In cell J136, I want to insert the following:

If J134 is less than the value in J131, then enter a "NO" in cell J136 but if
J134 is = J131, then enter the computed dollar value in cell J136. Thanks!

Bill

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:36:29 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

I'd use:
=IF(J2<I2,0,J2-I2)
or even:
=MAX(0,J2-I2)

kleivakat wrote:

I'm trying to put a formula in the cell that runs a formula, and if hte
result is less than zero, enter zero; if the result is not less than zero,
enter the result. Here's what I have so far:

=IF(+J2-I2<0,"0","=SUM(J2-I2)")

The first part works, i.e., if the number is less than zero a zero appears,
but the second part doesn't report the result if the number is greater than
zero.

Thanks for any help.