Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default How do I slant the column headers so they are more readable?

hi.
slanted header?
right click the cell or range you want slanted text.
click format cells
click the alignment tab.
adjust the orientation by clicking and holding the horizontal line or by
clilcking on the spin buttons at the bottom of the orientation box. adjust to
45 degrees.
click ok
done.

Regards
FSt1

"Zeffy" wrote:

I've seen docs where the column headers are slanted, and the text is
vertical, but not completely vertical. I can't find how to create those, or
if it can even be done in Excel or Word.

Am I painting a clear enough picture of what I mean?

Maggie in VT