Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roadkill roadkill is offline

Default Vlookup Calculations

Thank you both. Now it gets a tad bit more complicated. How about if I want
it to look up two things when doing the calculation. Essentially I want it to
match the case of A2 and then calculate for only the ones that match a
certain case in column 4.

So if A2 in sheet 2-16 equals the A2 in the current sheet, then to add the
totals of column 4 in 2-16 if column 3 in 2-16 equals 'Bill Pay'.

Does this make sense?

"RoadKill" wrote:

Hello, I would like to see if it is possible to do a calculation with a
vlookup as we have 10,000 records to sort through every Monday. This is what
my lookup looks like now: =vlookup(A2, '2-16'!$A$2:$F$10000, 4, FALSE).

Right now it just displays the first instance. But there could be as much as
a couple hundred instances so we would like to total them.