Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T2net T2net is offline

Default How to test if the end character of a string is within auser-defined list?

On 26 Feb, 14:31, T2net wrote:
On 26 Feb, 14:05, "Don Guillett" wrote:

try isnumERIC and post back

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"T2net" wrote in message

Unfortunately this gives as a result only 1 and *2 according to the
list I provided. I made a mix between your answers. I ended up with
this macro:

Sub test_number_and_a()

mc = 2
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
* * x = Cells(i, mc)
* * If Right(x, 1) < "a" And Not (IsNumber(x)) Then Rows(i).Delete
Next i

End Sub

Unfortunately, I have a compiling error on Not (IsNumber(x)) . Any
idea?

Thanks, T2net

On 22 fév, 14:51, "Don Guillett" wrote:

Given your example
Sub leavenumberandA()
mc = 1
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
x = Cells(i, mc)
If Len(x) 1 And Right(x, 1) < "a" Then Rows(i).Delete
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
"T2net" wrote in
message

On 22 fév, 12:57, Pete_UK wrote:

I think you need to give some further examples showing some which
would fail your criteria, as it looks to me as if they would all pass.

Pete

On Feb 22, 11:22 am, T2net wrote:

Hello,

I have a list in column which may look like

1
2
3a
3b
3g
56
67a
67c

I would like to keep only the rows which contains numbers or numbers +
a character.

Any idea?

Thanks, T2net

MS VB 6.3, Excel 2003, Win2000- Masquer le texte des messages
précédents -

- Afficher le texte des messages précédents -

Oops sorry I meant the "a" character.
I want to keep the rows with numbers (like 1,2, 56) and those with
"a" (3a, 67a) and not the others
T2net- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -

- Afficher le texte des messages précédents -- Hide quoted text -

Hi!

Tried...better: no compiling error! However, it does not take the "a"
character condition into account, ie Result column is 1,2, 56.- Hide quoted text -

It seems some space characters could be on the right side of my column
elements, that is why it seems to be not working.

Thanks for all your very useful and pertinent inputs. Now, I just need
to add a trim condition for this space character problem I guess!

T2net