Laurel

"Lady Layla" wrote in message
Where are you doing the save as?

If you mean where am I saving it to, just a folder on my PC. If you mean
what was the environment when I did the SAVE AS, I was in Excel which was
automatically opened when I clicked on the link in the web site. As you can
see from my posting on 3/28 at 7:55 a.m., the problem has been solved by
using SAVE TARGET AS, so now it's just a matter of curiosity.

1 - Why did the behavior change on the web site? Credit Card company keeps
saying they don't do "technical" support (although I went to that link) and
I should consult my ISP. I hate these automated "helps." Maybe it's SP 2's
doing???

2 - Why does the first column lack quotes when opened automatically by the
web site?

Oh well, some mysteries are meant to remain mysteries.
Thanks for responding.

"Laurel" wrote in message
: Is there a file type "worksheet?" I explained that I'd tried SAVE AS to
: .xls and that didn't work. Is this something different?
:
: "Lady Layla" wrote in message
: ...
: Only way to change a csv to a xls spreadsheet is open it in Excel then
: Save as,
: and change the file type to worksheet
:
:
: "Laurel" wrote in message
: ...
: : How can I change a .csv spreadhseet to a regular .xls spreadsheet?
I've
: : tried SAVE AS, choosing .xls as the file type, but that doesn't
work.
: When
: : I open the new .xls file, it's still in comma delimited format. If
this
: : sounds strange, please see details below.
: :
: : For years I've been downloading my credit card statement. The
choice I
: pick
: : is "excel .csv". The file that gets downloaded has a .csv
extension,
: but
: : when I open it, it is in standard .xls format. That is the items
are in
: : cells, not enclosed in quotes, and not separated by commas. I'm not
an
: : Excel user, typically, so I didn't think anything of it.
: :
: : Today, however, two things changed.
: :
: : 1 - Instead of downloading to my PC, asking me where I wanted it
saved,
: it
: : just opened up the spread sheet. I had to explicitly use the Excel
SAVE
: AS
: : option to get it to store on my PC.
: :
: : 2 - The format was what I would think a csv file should look like,
that
: is
: : items were enclosed in quotes and separated by commas.
: :
: : I've inquired of the credit card company (e-mail -waiting for
answer),
: as it
: : would seem that something had changed, but maybe not. Since I
installed
: SP
: : 2, who knows what it might be contributing to the situation.
: :
: : TIA for any advice on any of these issues.
: :
: :
:
: