Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GraceJean Jones GraceJean Jones is offline

Default Protect (Lock) Cell Formatting ONLY

I understand how to protect a worksheet, and I know how to "unlock" certain
cells in a worksheet, so that users of the worksheet can enter information
into these unlocked cells. I have a worksheet where all I want the users to
be able to do in certain cells is to be able to 'put in or insert' numbers.
I don't want the users of this worksheet to be able to change the font, font
color, font size, borders, etc. In other words, I want to create a worksheet
where only numbers can be entered into certain cells, but no changes
whatsoever can be made to the cell formatting of these cells. Thanks for
your assistance.