Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Need of a Database for some "basic" info

hi
based on what you have posted, i think you can accomplish the first part
with a simple find. (Ctrl+F) type in name or other, then read across the row
of infomation.
the print lables part is doable also.
see this site for detailed instructions.

regards
FSt1

"CosmosClara" wrote:

A friend was asked to create a Database that would allow a person to pull up
the info (while on the phone) that contains basic info (like client's names,
addresses, spouses, birthdays, etc.). This can be done in an Address Book or
Contacts List. However, the person may also want to print a label (or masses
of labels). Is their an Address Book/Contact List/Mail program that has a
"print Label" option within it? (I'm not sure what mail program the "asker"
of the list uses, but I can suggest one.) Also, if the creator of the list
creates the Database on her computer, how can this info be
transferred/imported to his? The creator has Excel; I assume the user
does...plus "Word, Works" of course.

All help appreciated. And, "thank you" in advance.