Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Count Instances of Text in String Q

I assumed that BK15 was meant as B15

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Tue",T(OFFSET(B5:B15,{0,3,9,10}, 0,1,1))))))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Sean" wrote in message
How could I formulate a formula that will count the number of times a
cell value appears within a text string in non contiguous range.

Example A1 contains the value "Tue". I wish to add the number of times
A1 appears in ranges B5;B8;B14;Bk15.

The actual text in B5;B8;B14;Bk15. will be "No Sales for Tue"