Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default I need help with excel IF function

A different interpretation from Beege's

=IF(A1="YES",B1,"") in D1

=IF(A1="NO",B1,"") in E1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 06:18:00 -0800, Dave7881
wrote:

Hi I need help

Im trying to set up an invoice checking spreadsheet, I nee a formula that
looks at a yes/no drop down in another cell, and then either copies a second
cell to the location or leaves it blank for example:

If A1 is selected as YES then make D1 = B1

and if A1 is selected as NO make E1 = B1

Hope this makes sense, what I'm trying to do is get the Invoice Balance to
show in a paid column in green and an unpaid column in red depending on
whether it is shown as Paid - Yes/No in the paid column.