Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Round a repeating decimal from a formula...

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:37:13 -0500, "Dana DeLouis"
wrote:

Ok, here's what I am doing. I am taking the values of two cells, dividing
them with the IMDIV function and I have tried several methods to round it
two decimal places, all of which have failed.

Hi. The function ImDiv actually returns a String, and not a number that can
be formatted as such.

The workaround is to round both the Real & Imaginary parts, then re-join
them with Complex ( ).

[D1] =ROUND(IMREAL(C1),2)
[E1] =ROUND(IMAGINARY(C1),2)

[F1] = Complex(D1,E1)

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

Basically the same answer I posted last night, but he seems to be ignoring
that.
--ron