Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Round a repeating decimal from a formula...

What is the result of =IMDIV(B2,C2) ? What does the formula bar say?
Tyro

"Snake2135" wrote in message
I have tried the round function, here's an example: ROUND(IMDIV(B2,C2),2),
that just rounds to 0, and i have the cells in the column with the
formulas
formatted to number and 2 decimal places. The decimal that rounds to 0 is
5/12 = .4166667....... Something like 5/2 = 2.5 rounds up to 3. I hope
this
is detailed enough, thanks again.

"Tyro" wrote:

Still need examples of what does not round properly and your rounding
method.

Tyro

"Snake2135" wrote in message
By solid result I mean something that divides cleanly (not a whole
number
quotient), such as 5/4 = 1.25

"Tyro" wrote:

Please explain: "But on repeating decimals it will not round, only on
solid
results it will round to two decimal places". Show us an example.
What is a "solid result"? Are you saying that 1.456456456 does not
round
1.46? And that 1.456123789 does round to 1.46?

Tyro

"Snake2135" wrote in message
here's my situation: I need to round all decimals that result from
an
IMDIV
function to two decimal places. I have Excel 2007, I have already
tried
numerous ROUND functions, formatted the cells to round to two
decimal
places.
But on repeating decimals it will not round, only on solid results
it
will
round to two decimal places, thanks in advance.