Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Snake2135 Snake2135 is offline

Default Round a repeating decimal from a formula...

I should have elaborated better. After more screwing with it, it seems as
though no decimal will round to two places. 7/8 comes out to .875, 5/4
results 1.25 as they should, but the formula refuses to round.

"Snake2135" wrote:

By solid result I mean something that divides cleanly (not a whole number
quotient), such as 5/4 = 1.25

"Tyro" wrote:

Please explain: "But on repeating decimals it will not round, only on solid
results it will round to two decimal places". Show us an example.
What is a "solid result"? Are you saying that 1.456456456 does not round to
1.46? And that 1.456123789 does round to 1.46?

Tyro

"Snake2135" wrote in message
here's my situation: I need to round all decimals that result from an
IMDIV
function to two decimal places. I have Excel 2007, I have already tried
numerous ROUND functions, formatted the cells to round to two decimal
places.
But on repeating decimals it will not round, only on solid results it will
round to two decimal places, thanks in advance.