Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Date Difference

Perhaps the OP doesn't care about holidays. But that makes the OP's
NETWORKDAYS inaccurate. Holidays are important. I once worked for a
university that closed for two weeks spanning Christmas and New Year's. All
employees got paid for those two weeks as paid holidays in addtion to the
regular holidays. The NETWORKDAYS for that two week period was zero. To be
accurate NETWORKDAYS has to take every holiday into account.

Regards,

Tyro

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
The same way this formula does...

=NETWORKDAYS(D22,E22)

which is the formula that the OP originally posted and said works great.

Rick

"Tyro" wrote in message
et...
How does that handle holidays?

Tyro

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote
in message ...
I think this non-ATP formula will do the same thing for #2...

=E22-D22-SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(D22),MONTH(D22),DAY(D22)+ROW(IN DIRECT("1:"&(E22-D22)))),2)5))

Rick

"Stockwell43" wrote in message
Hi Tyro, thank you for your reply.

Ok, I got number and works perfectly! For number two, how can I make
number
work correctly without the toolpak? I hate to take a chase on sending
this to
people and they can't obtain the information. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

"Tyro" wrote:

To answer question 1. =NETWORKDAYS(D22,E22)-1
To answer question 2. NETWORKDAYS requires the Analysis Toolpak to be
installed. If it's not, the user will get a #NAME? error as Excel will
not recognize the function.

Tyro

"Stockwell43" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a forumla from the help that allows me to calculate the
difference
between two dates without weekends which is =NETWORKDAYS(D22,E22)
and
works
great. However, I have two questions:

1. How do I get it to start from the next day instead of include the
first
date? i.e. 12/6/2007 - 12/12/2007 should be 4 workdays. I don't want
include 12/6/2007.

2. What if another user opens this spreadsheet and doesn't have the
tool
pak
installed. Will the date formula still work? I ask because I had to
install
the tool pak on my computer.

Thanks!!!!!