Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
help help is offline

Default Pasting Formulas

Thank you so much. Do the dollar signs just represent an unchanging value?

"Meebers" wrote:

(I2-$v$4)/$v$3
"Help" wrote in message
I am using a fairly simple formula. I am subtracting one cell from another
and dividing by a third do an example would look like this (I2-V4)/V3. I
want to paste the entire column with this so that the next formula would
be
(I3-V4)/V3, however it appears as (I3-V5)/V4). How do I stop it from
changing all values. I only want the one individual value changed (the
"I"
column). There are almost 1000 rows so doing it individually seems
ridiculous