Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jholmes Jholmes is offline

Default Formula which checks multiple criteria before counting

Yes thanks heaps this worked :)

"Tyro" wrote:

If your dates are in N1:N100 and the "yes", "no" values are in BM1:BM100
then if you mean by "past today's date" as in the past then

=SUMPRODUCT(--(N1:N100<TODAY()),--(BM1:BM100="yes"))

or if you mean the date is in the future then

=SUMPRODUCT(--(N1:N100TODAY()),--(BM1:BM100="yes"))

Tyro

"JHolmes" wrote in message
Is there any way for a formula to check more than one criteria before
counting? So if I have dates in Column N - I have the formula to check
that
date is past today's date, then in column BM I have a Yes or No value, and
for the formula to only count the row when it contains a "Yes" in BM? I
have
tried using nested countif and doesnt seem to work.