Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

Default Find Max from Variable Range

JMB,

This works great!! So does T. Solutions. Thank you both. Could I bother you
to explain the syntax though? I would like to understand the
formula...specifically the A:A ???

Thanks - Dan

"JMB" wrote:

Another way you could do it
=IF(B33,MAX(INDEX(A:A, B3-3):INDEX(A:A, B3)),"")

"Dan" wrote:

I have the following spreadsheet and want to find the maximum number in a
variable range based on the value of a cell - 3 rows.

A1 B1

45 7
66
43
22
11
22

In the above data I would like to find the max of A4:A7 because 7 is entered
into the cell of A3B3 (7 - 3). The value of A3B3 will change so the range I
need to have max of will change also.

Thanks in advance - Dan