Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Corrupt Cells?

Are the product numbers actually numbers or are they text. If they are text
perhaps the number is padded at the end with blanks?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"PatG" wrote:

I receive a monthly spreadsheet from another department that I re-sort by
product numbers using a custom sort list.
Recently one of the product numbers was not being recognized so it would be
pushed to the end of the list every time. It also was not recognized when
running a macro.
I found that by "clearing" the cell and re-typing the product number fresh,
it will get picked up and appear at the correct place on the list after
sorting.
(NOT deleting, or cut/pasting or copy/pasting or paste-special value only -
none of which work)
Any idea what causes this?
Using Excel 2003