Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default Drop line on only one data point in series

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
nasdone said:

Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so,
how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also
meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked
with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to
the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas?

When drop lines are on, they work for all points in all series, which is
not what you want.

Have you considered a 100% minus error bar? That still only works with
all points in one series, but you can create a second series with just
that one point in it, a visible "minus 100%" error bar, and an invisible
data marker.

Or *not* invisible, if you prefer: then, the data marker with the drop
line will stand out, apart from by having a drop line.

--
Del Cotter