Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Drop line on only one data point in series

An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom
negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values
contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for.
Easier might be to add a series with blank or #N/A values for all points
except the one with the drop line, then add a negative error bar with a
percentage value of 100%. Format the added series so it has no lines or
markers.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"nasdone" wrote in message
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If
so,
how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would
also
meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked
with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points
the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas?