Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Taylor, Jr.[_2_] L. Taylor, Jr.[_2_] is offline

Default Can I use the IF statement... Need help

Conan,

I will like to thank you very much.. I've been going crazy about this
statement. It works great. Once again Thanks. L. Taylor, Jr.

ltii

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

L. Taylor,

I'm guessing that you want something like this:

=IF(F7<20,I7-(I7/F7),I7)

or do you mean:

=IF(F7<20,I7-(I7/F7),F7)

It is kinda hard to tell by your description. I can tell what calculation
you want if F7 is less than 20, but what if it is greater than/equal
to...what do you want the calculation to be then?

HTH,

Conan

"L. Taylor, Jr." <L. Taylor, wrote in message
This is the problem I'm having... Trying to use the IF function...

IF (f7< 20), then i7 - (i7/f7)

if F7 is less then 20 i want it to do the formula, but if F7 is equal to
20
no need for the formla.

I'm working on a grading scale to keep my students grades.

Thanks