Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HKaplan HKaplan is offline

Default Retrive Data from Multiple Cells

On Feb 21, 7:03*am, " wrote:
I have a workbook with a sheet "Lot Information" where the homeowners
name and lot number is listed:

Column A - Lot #
Column C - Owner Name

"Lot Information Sheet"
Column A -Home Owner
Name * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Column B - Lot #
Joe
Smith
A1
Ben
Jones
A2
Al
Baker
A3
Al
Baker
A4

I have another sheet called "Checks Received". What I want is "Checks
Received" sheet to look at the name from "Lot Information" sheet and
give me the lot #(s).

"Checks Received"
Column A-Homeowner
Name * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Column
B - Lot#(s)
Joe
Smith
A1
Ben
Jones
A2
Al
Baker
A3, A4

The problem I am having is a homeowner can and some do own several
lots. How do I set it so, it will find each lot owned?

Thanks

Hans

Depending on exactly what you want to accomplish, you can run a pivot
table on the first table to give a list of names in the first column
and each lot they own in the next column. You can store this table as
a manual lookup reference. I can guide you through creating the pivot
table if you need help and this meets your needs.

The pivot table would look something like this:

Bob Smith 102a
104a
105a
Mary Jones 302a