George

Default Importing Data & Refresh Data Problem

I have for some time updating a worksheet in Excel 2002 from a CSV file. The
source of that file has now switched from comma separated to tab separated. I
can't seem to prevent Excel from trying to read the file wrong. I have tried
renaming to .txt and .tab to no effect. I can't even import the tab-separated
file into a blank worksheet within the same Excel file. The import text
wizard will not start up. It seems that Excel knows about the original file
and I haven't figured out how to remove that information. How do I cancel out
Excel's inappropriate knowledge of the file so that I can tell it about the
tab-separated version?

Thank you, George