Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Matching content of one worsheet against another

Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to work with duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

Colin Hayes wrote:

Hi

I need help matching two worksheets in the same workbook.

In Ws1 , I have a list of numbers running down column A from A1 to
A5000.

In Ws2 , I have a list of numbers running down column A from A1 to A5000
too.

I need a formula to match the two sets of numbers. If there is a match ,
then column B in WS1 should show 'match' against the appropriate number
if it appears also in Ws2. Where there is no match this could be shown
as 'No Match'.

Can someone help?

Thanks

--