Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Searching through multiple worksheets

With C4 as the DV cell containing the sheetnames
select a desired result range, eg select D4:D100 (with D4 active),
then paste this into the formula bar:
=IF(C4="","",INDIRECT("'"&C4&"'!B4:B100"))
then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to array-enter the formula

You should get the returns you seek in D4:D100
based on the sheetname selected in C4
--
Max
Singapore
"Klee" wrote:
I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere but I've been reading posts that I
just find confusing and I feel like there must be a simple answer that I'm
missing.

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets and I have created a list of the
worksheet names (I named it sheetnames) and put it into a dropdown list in
cell C4 of my summary worksheet. I would like to find a formula that will
list cells b:4 to B100 from whichever worksheet name is chosen in cell C4.

Is this possible?

Thanks very much