Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BARBW BARBW is offline

Default Change cell value of filtered data

Have turned on filter and displayed certain cells based on my filter
selection. Now I want to change just those cells that are displayed in the
filtered selection to a new value. In prior version of EXCEL I could just
enter a new value and drag it down through all the visible cells. Now in
EXCEL 2007 if I do this, it changes not only those cells that are displayed
but also any cells that are "hidden" within the range of displayed cells. I
know I can use change visible cells only but this is an extra step in EXCEL
2007. Is there a better way to change the value of cells displayed using
filter?