Mike

Default Chart values from several worksheets

I have several worksheets that have a value located in the same cell on each
worksheet. I would like to graph these values.

Each worksheet is a monthly summary of activity for an event. Each
worksheet includes simple average and sum calculations, and it is the value
of the sum on each worksheet that I want to graph. To complicate this, I
would liek to set it up so tht I can insert a new worksheet into the set and
have it's number automatcially added to the graph.

I've looked at ranges and it looks promising, but everythimg I try to define
a graph data source I get an error that says something like "Reference is not
valid"

The data range I am attempting to use is: ='1:3'!$E$41

Any suggestions or comments about what I am doing wrong?

-Michael