Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default vlookup size limitations search range?

Use absolute references $D$1:$D$1300 in the lookup table.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Hans"
wrote in message
Hi,
I'm experiencing problems with vlookup and I'm afraid it's linked to the
size of the range in which I look.

This is a table of 5 columns and approx 1300 rows. And records that are in
row 1200 (approx) and below return a #N/A when search for by vlookup. (I
tested this with changing the sorting from ascending to descending and then
looking again for the record I needed.)

I must say that the file in which the vlookup is called has 6 columns of
each approx 120 rows with vlookup functions.

I cannot imagine that this is already at/over the limits of excel? The
version I'm using is 2003 SP2
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
Hans