AlCamp

Jon,
Don't know if I mentioned in a previous post... checked out your web
site. An excellent Excel chart resource!

When I highlite one of the values, only that one selects, so I don't
think it's one series. The VaryColors checkbox is disabled, and can't be
set true or false.
When I first plotted the graph, every value had a different symbol, so I
think I have many "one value series", so that's why I have to change each
one individually.
I was hoping that there might be a way I can set it up so that MSGraph so
that no matter how many series it creates "on the fly" it will always use a
black dot to indicate the value, and not triangles, squares, Xs, etc...

Thanks for your help,
Al

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Al -

This is sometimes what Excel or MS Graph might do to be helpful. You're
plotting a single series, right? Double click the series, and on the
Options tab, clear the Vary Colors by Point checkbox.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

AlCamp wrote:

Hello all,
I'm actually working in Microsoft Access97, which uses MSGraph 2000
for charting, so I thought this was really a "charting" question... not
an Access question.

I have an XY scatter chart (using just points... no X or Y error bars
or lines) all laid out just fine, but I have a couple of questions that
would make my work a lot easier.

When the data first displayed on the chart, every data point had a
different "style"... circles, triangles, x's, etc... I had to go into
every one individually and change them to a black dot at size 3.
Isn't there some way to tell the chart that I want that "style" for
all the datapoints at once??

Taking that same scenario, can I also globally change all the Data
Labels "style" (alignment, color, etc) all in one "fell swoop"??

Thanks,
Al Camp