Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default SMALL function seems not to work correctly

Note that your 1E+307 factor is superfluous. My previously posted
solution:

Sorry Ron, I didn't scroll down far enough in that post to see that you had
posted it otherwise I would not have offered mine. As my mother used to
say, "there are none so blond as those that think thgat they already know"

But am glad that I did post it because otherwise you would not have
reminded me that SUM() ignores logical values

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:57:53 -0000, "Sandy Mann"

wrote:

Ron has already given you an explanation. One way around it is to use an
IF() statement with a very large numbers as its FALSE element:

=SUM(SMALL(IF(B1:B6=1,A1:A6,1E+307),ROW(INDIRECT ("1:2"))))

Still array entered.

Note that your 1E+307 factor is superfluous. My previously posted
solution:

=SUM(SMALL(IF(TARGET=1,TABLE),{1,2}))

is shorter. SUM ignores logical values in an array or reference.
--ron