Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Custom Data Val for specific text and numbers only

Hi Silena

Create a list of cells with <RL, 10, 11, 12 etc and name this myList
In DVSource=myList

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Silena K-K" wrote in message
Hi Everyone

I need to create a custom data validation rule to allow the following data
types only:

1. numbers greater than or equal to 10; or
2. if the number is less than 10 then the user can only enter the text
"<RL".

I have tried AND and OR statements however once the 2. condition has been
met ie: if the number is less than 10 then the user can only enter the
text
"<RL" what I have found is if I enter any text value (not numeric that
condition works) say "abc" it is accepted - which is not what I want I
only
want "<RL" to be accepted.

Please help...

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, Silena