Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default In Excel jow do I solve for X in X^1.5?

On Feb 15, 8:37*pm, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)" wrote:
[joeu2004 wrote:]
I certainly prefer Rick's approach of taking 2/3 power of both sides.
Not sure why he has two variables, where I have one. *Perhaps Rick
has given this more thought than I have.

I thought you might like to use this formula in the future for other
weirs... the odds that the length of every weir you will deal with in the
future will be 936 is pretty slim<g, so I used a variable for that term.
The remainder of your simplifications is fine... I didn't simplify the
constants because you didn't in your original posting.

Y'mean the OP, not "you" (in response to my posting). Yup, you gave
this more thought than I did. I did not pay attention to the initial
posting by the OP. I simply jumped in the middle, where the OP had
replaced "L" with 936.